[Wine] Pulse audo in 1.3.25+

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 16:05:41 CDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 4:39 PM, MacNean Tyrrell <dardack at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK looks like i need help.  I got sound to work in both this way:
>
> in /etc/pulse/default.pa
>
> comment out:
> #load-module module-udev-detect
> #load-module module-suspend-on-idle
>
> Added:
>

> load-module module-alsa-source device=dsnoop
> load-module module-alsa-sink device=dmix
>

> no asoundrc file needed (in fact even when I put a asoundrc such as
> partial: pcm.!default {
>         type plug
>         slave.pcm "dmixer"
> }
>
> if i cchanged dmix to dmixer it wouldn't work.  Maybe I'm doing something
> wrong with the .asoundrc file.
>
> OK so sound works, but my mic doesn't. If I unmute it in alsamixer, it goes
> straight to my headphones, no recoding software picks it up.
>
> Also no sound in virtualbox anymore so far That i've discovered don't work,
> Flash player in Chrome doesn't work (didn't try firefox).   VLC/Totem work.
>
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 3:16 PM, jorl17 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
>> If you need help, don't mind asking!

OK thinking.  I ptu in the default default.pa back, then I booted, ran the
padevchooser (or the manager w/e it's called).  I see this under
sink/source/devices/modules:

module-alsa-card device_id="0" name="pci-0000_00_1b.0"
card_name="alsa_card.pci-0000_00_1b.0" tsched=yes
ignore_db=no_card_properties="module-udev-detect.discovered=1"

Default Source:  alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo
Default Sink: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo

Could I somehow use this information to get mic/better alsa output support?

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell