[Wine] Re: help with warcraft please launcher problem

Nick687 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 6 12:42:50 CDT 2011

so the trick to installing warcraft is to not use winetricks....after three installs it kept going under proc\ect....i went to the site and got the setup file and ran it using wine 1.3.27 and now its in the right spot (finally) it is downloading the 10 gigs or so now for the update. as for my wine issues when i updated from 1.3.15 to 1.3.27 the terminal gave me a warning there was binary left from 1.0 so i completely uninstalled everything tracked down a straggler file that was messing with the installs.....(wine-gecko?)and had to reinstall.....from what i can tell everything is preforming properly and in its right spot now....now i just have to wait to test for the water issue and if its still there i give up....thanks for the help all

ubuntu 11.04