[Wine] Re: Problems with this Harry Potter PC game in wine 1.2.2

nilrezei wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 8 02:07:42 CDT 2011

vitamin wrote:

> nilrezei wrote:
> > err:d3d:resource_init Out of adapter memory
>
> First upgrade Wine. If that won't fix your problem, increase reported video memory size via registry -VideoMemorySize http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys .

Ok, first of all my PC specs exceed by far the game's specs. Other games run very well, so it's not a hardware problem, nor a video driver.

I upgraded to Wine 1.3.27 and the game starts. However it runs very slow, like I'm swimming through honey...  :D

Tried switching different resolutions, same thing. Sometimes, for a few seconds, it runs normally, but then slow again...

Added the registry videomemory value, no change. Added the Direct3D opengl, no change...

I also have installed Jedi Academy. That game run well in Wine 1.2.2 and runs well now too.

Thank you guys for trying to help. Awaiting new suggestions...