[Wine] Integrated Intel Card Error

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 07:35:14 CDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 12:11 AM, Entanglement <wineforum-user at winehq.org>wrote:

> I'm running an integrated Intel Video Card 3400 series, and when I try to
> run Steam apps, they crash after I connect (these are all multiplayer games)
> and wine gives me this error:
>

> Code:
> failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer
>

> This error was already reported 3 times, and the solution to them has been
> to edit the registry using 'regedit' and then editing Direct3D's folder by
> adding in "VideoMemorySize" and setting it equal to the MB of the given
> video card, so for me it was 256.
>
> Unfortunately, even after doing so I get the same error when I try to run
> the program, specifically Team Fortress 2, but Left 4 Dead has given me the
> same error as well.
>
> Does anybody know another solution to this?

TBH get a new video card?  Integrated Intel Cards are not very well
supported on linux.  Also, if i'm not mistaken, isn't their OpenGL
support/API kinda behind, so it won't support OpenGL calls that are needed
to be made?

I know with Trine for linux, to get it to work on linux you gotta do some
crazy things, just because of the support of them is very lacking.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell