[Wine] wine 1.3.28 sound issues

mrmarcus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 11 07:57:46 CDT 2011

Hello,

After upgrading wine from 1.3.27 -> 1.3.28 I found I got no sound when a different application (which uses the sound) is running in the background.

Workaround for me is to kill all sound, load up the wine application and alt+tab back to start a non wine application.
It's not optimal but a workaround.

But I would like to understand why this is happening. Why wine could somehow not make a connection to the audio server. And visa versa it works.

For relevance, I use opensuse tumbleweed with pulseaudio enabled.