[Wine] Re: Can't Change region (country)

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 11 10:42:33 CDT 2011

parenasm wrote:
> I changed sCountry in user.reg (wine) and with regedit (changing Spain for Chile) and nothing, continues appearing error notice: "change country to Chile".

Don't do that.
- Never ever edit user.reg file directly. It will be overwritten by wineserver. Or you can end up with corrupted registry. Always use regedit
- Wine automatically updates region settings based on your system setup. All changes to them in registry will be overwritten.

Just make sure that your system (Linux) configuration is set correctly. This includes locale.