[Wine] Audio detection issue

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 14:02:41 CDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Javier0709 <wineforum-user at winehq.org>wrote:

> Ok, this is what I have up to the moment:
>
> Since I don't really need the very last version of wine, I'd like to just
> install the version 1.3.24, cuz it was the last one that allowed me to start
> without problems my rosetta stone application.  I've already downloaded the
> .tar.gz package and untared it and executed the /tools/wineinstall script as
> root.
>
> It appears the wine option at the applications menu but there's missing the
> wine configuration menu.  By the way, it isn't recognizing my audio
> configuration either... am I missing a step?
>
> Thanks a lot for all of your ideas.  I'm learning a lot! :D

um, well if your on ubuntu/debian you can do sudo apt-get build-dep wine
that will get all the necessarily libraries/headers you need to compile.

the inside the directory do, ./configure, then see if your missing anything
(you don't need gstreamer/opencl/oss4 prolly, unless you want those things
in wine, but I haven't compiled wine with those in long time right now).
 and when you type, winecfg nothing happens or there's no audio tab?

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell