[Wine] lotro - no sound or options alsa/wine 1.3.27

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Mon Sep 12 18:46:15 CDT 2011

On 09/12/2011 07:28 PM, bcpeterson wrote:
> I just recently realized I didn't have sound either in DDO (same engine as LOTRO), and the fix for me was setting Windows 2000 in winecfg instead of Windows XP. Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks for the idea, but it did not work for me.

Wine has sound (test in audio tab of winecfg works) but it does not seem
to be passing any sound information on to lotro (no options in sound
window of game settings). Sound used to work fine until recent wine
versions.

I did find some threads talking about the wine audio changes and
mmdevapi. Does anyone know - Is there a chance those changes are
preventing the game from finding the soundcard? What tools or utilities
would I use to test and/or fix that if it is a possibility? I ran a
couple searches but was not able to find many hits for current/semi
current  wine versions other than one about mmdevapi and STO, but the
thread died without resolution and did not seem to be an audio problem.