[Wine] Install and run Wine purely in/from the home folder

ubyx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 13 02:50:22 CDT 2011

Hello folks.

I have a little question for you.

First to the background. I have a windows program (command line based) that is able to run just fine in the wine environment.
Now I want to run it on our linux HPC server (no multi-threading and so on is needed). There is no wine installed by default, and as I'm no admin I can't install it there. So is it possible to make wine run purely out of my home folder? Then I would have an "wine package" that I could simply copy in there and run the program...

Thank's for any help.