[Wine] Re: Locally "installed" Dll's

ischou wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 14 09:24:08 CDT 2011

vitamin wrote:
> Try putting manifest and whatever msvc runtime dll(s) you need into the program's directory.

Yes, that's where they are.  Wine doesn't seem to see them to choose them as native over the built-in ones.

Setting an application by application exception is okay except for the fact that I still need to install vcrun2008 and set different behavior for default versus this one utility app.

I was hoping to avoid having to install vcrun2008 into my WINEPREFIXES, as nothing else I had been running up to now needed it and the utility came with its own DLLs.

I guess I bite the bullet and install vcrun2008 into one of them.