[Wine] Re: wine and installed software on windows partition

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 14 12:52:37 CDT 2011

croccio wrote:
> is there any way to run software that has been installed on the partition windows? if i go on the hd where windows has been installed and then i run a software it give me error.

Yes, but preferably don't do that, unless you're really sure the software doesn't *require* to be installed (ie. they don't install any libraries or registry components or anything like that). It is still a good idea to copy the no-install-required programs to your Linux partition because they simply work better with Wine on Linux type partitions.