[Wine] Re: How to load an ISO as a “CD” to satisfy “insert CD” prompt?

LPMusicLJ wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 15 21:33:32 CDT 2011

Jim Hall wrote:
> How about useing an external CD drive to do the install? Easier,
> unless the program requires a CD to run.

I don't have one, and yes, the program requires some type of CD to run.  I gave up on this.  Apparently, others have encountered the same problem on higher versions (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=2940) of this software and have gotten past it going the same route that I tried, but it just didn't work for me.

The software asks for two CDs from its collection of three, and I couldn't even get the disc 2 to be seen.  If I could get it to be seen, then I think I could do this on the fly for disc 3 because that's what others have done.

I may try again in the future once Wine goes to a higher version.

I should probably just be happy with ReBirth and forgo Reason.