[Wine] Re: [Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst] gurus & advice needed

dk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 17 03:23:49 CDT 2011

Hi all,

I received a couple of emails from people mentioning that they couldn't create characters on Schthack's server and they had to end up forcibly terminating the client. I answered them but wanted to post my response here to help others that might be confused..

> Congratulations - you've found bug #27293. Without that typing issue fixed you won't be able to create a new character or exit out of the character creation process. :(
>
> The only workaround I can think of is to temporarily install the client on a spare Windows box. (maybe a friend that games on Windows can help?) You can log in to Schthack's server with the same account information you already have. Create your character then exit the game. All account and character data is stored remotely on the server so it _will_ be available when you run the client again under Wine.
>
> Once you've selected a character and try to connect to the ship you'll reach bug #12964 so (while you're still on Windows) you may want to continue to the lobby/explore the game so you understand what *should* appear when the client is run under Wine.

Thanks! Please post any problems/issues/thoughts.