[Wine] Re: Wine 1.3.11 and Micorsoft Money Sunset Edition

bencahill wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 17 16:11:53 CDT 2011

Hey guys,

I got Money Plus Deluxe Sunset working without ever seeing this thread, but these are the same to issues I had to conquer.

I posted these on my AppDB test data submission as well, but thought I'd post it here for your convenience (if you're still trying to get it to work, that is).

1st, the dialog box on each page load;
Solution: use winetricks ie8 instead of ie6

2nd, the app not closing on exit.
Solution: adapt the bash script below to your needs:

#!/bin/bash

mkfifo mnyfifo || exit;
trap 'rm mnyfifo' EXIT
if [[ $1 = "" ]]; then
WINEPREFIX=/home/bencahill/.wine_mnys/ stdbuf -oL wine "C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Money Plus\\MNYCoreFiles\\msmoney.exe" > mnyfifo 2>&1 &
pid=$!
while read -r line; do [[ $line = "fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_RESET_URLCACHE_SESSION: STUB" ]] && kill $pid; done < mnyfifo
else
WINEPREFIX=/home/bencahill/.wine_mnys/ stdbuf -oL wine start /ProgIDOpen Money.Document "$1" > mnyfifo 2>&1 &
while read -r line; do [[ $line = "fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_RESET_URLCACHE_SESSION: STUB" ]] && killall -I msmoney.exe; done < mnyfifo
fi

Notes:
-Change the WINEPREFIX to the one you're using, or delete if not applicable
-You need to have stdbuf installed for un-buffering the wine output
-Place the script somewhere in your path and use it to launch Money. If you give it a file, it will open the file with Money.

I hope this helps, and have a marvelous day!