[Wine] MDAC 2.5 issues

liefy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 19 00:36:30 CDT 2011

I am trying to install software called Linkware (Fluke Networks) which enables me to analyze and collate data from a network cable tester.
The installation reports that MDAC2.5 is not installed and halts installation. I have already installed MDAC 2.7 & 2.8 via wine tricks.(MDAC 2.5 not available in wine tricks)
I have downloaded MDAC 2.5 from MS web site but when i proceed to install it reports it is already installed and halts installation.
I am operating Ubuntu V11.04 and wine 1.3.28.
Any ideas?