[Wine] Force Feedback / Vibration

TheLinuxist wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 19 14:28:15 CDT 2011

Hello,

I bought a steering wheel for racing games some time ago (a SpeedLink Darkfire). Works great in wine, but no vibration. Actually it works if I use fftest. Just not in wine.
I use Ubuntu 11.04, wine 1.3.28 (which is the most recent development version right now). The wheel is connected by USB. Wine also says something about it:

Code:

fixme:dinput:JoystickWImpl_SendForceFeedbackCommand No direct actuator control in linux

I found some things on the net, but they were older. I already tried overriding dinput.dll, didn't help me.
I have a Pentium 4 CPU (32bit), 4 GB's of RAM, an NVidia Graphics Card with 1 GB of Memory.
Is there any help for me or will I just have to play without FF?
Thank you in advance.