[Wine] NAS access for programs running on wine

blacknwhite wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 20 08:58:14 CDT 2011

I am after some kind soul to take pity on a complete newbi who installed wine yesterday !
this may be obvious or already explained elsewhere but I am confused, so please don't be to harsh on me !

the details:
Imac 3.06GHz OS X 10.7.1
Wine installed via MacPorts - assume wine v1.2.3
Previously used Fusion - too resource hungry

the problem:

I have installed Xcode/Java/Macports/Wine onto the mac and everything works fine under X11. I then installed Microsoft Money 2004, again everything good.
Currently all data held on Nas with multiple backups including the data file for Money. Under Fusion, access to Nas was perfect, I want to continue saving to NAS for security.

While using Money as an example , there are other apps that i want to use that currently store their data on the NAS

the question:
in idiot terms how do i configure wine to include the NAS into the list of directory locations that it uses. similar in function to My Network Places

hope someone is feeling generous

BnW