[Wine] Oblivion -5006

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 08:22:12 CDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 3:47 PM, SpawnHappyJake
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Maybe this will help the OP in the long run.
> The reason why the pre-game videos were glitching for me is because Compiz was my window manager. Using the Compiz Fusion Icon found in Control Center, which then appears on the right side of your panel after clicking in in Control Center, I switched my window manager to Metacity. WINE and Oblivion were much happier then. To prove that that is what did it (I thought it was because of the WINE upgrade at first), I switched the window manager back to Compiz, and the video problems returned.
>
> This is with an ATI graphics card. Perhaps with an nVIDIA graphics card, Compiz isn't a problem for WINE.
>
> The lack of audio is still a mystery to me though. It had audio once. The "killall pulseaudio, sudo killall pulseaudio" doesn't touch it.
>
> Cheers,
> Jake

Did you add the flag in your .pulse directory to turn off autostart pulse?

If you want to keep pulse you can try my post here (if using a
debian/ubuntu type OS):

http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=13182&start=64

Follow up to:

Open winecfg go to audio tab and make sure Alsa is checked and
Emulation is selected.

and see if that fixes the sound for you (don't do the compile pulse
etc.).  Some have said that allows sound in games with wine.  YMMV.  I
have to do the compile pulse thing to have pulse and sound in wine.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell