[Wine] Wine can't see DVD drives, and wont open some apps

wonderweirdo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 21 16:03:25 CDT 2011

I've installed Wine 1.3.28 on Ubuntu 11.04.  I've been having some odd problems that I can't seem to get around.  My optical disk drives aren't visible when I try to use applications like DVD Shrink, I can't seem to detect them.  When I try to install some apps like Amazon Kindle and WoW, they will install, but just not open.  When I run Startcraft II, it'll play, but it locks up when I try to exit and I have to use a force quit to get it to close out.  Another peculiar thing occurs when I play Starcraft II, all of my SCVs have what looks like a long black rod coming out of their right arm into the sky.  I'm not sure what kind of a problem that is.  I've searched online for an explanation for this but haven't found anything.