[Wine] Re: list spam related question

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 23 15:09:28 CDT 2011

> What part of
>
> > that capability is not present in the version of phpbb used now. That's why the upgrade is needed.
>
> do you not understand?

My bad, Dimesio. I should have remembered that and prefaced my thought with "if you revise the forum website, then you can ...".

So I take it that the barrier to upgrading to a newer phpbb is that the mailing list would not be supported by phpbb. I'm having a hard time believing that it would be completely impossible to have a mailing list if part of the WINE forum web scripting was written in phpbb. Couldn't another part of it be written in something other than the new phpbb? Couldn't it call a script that put everything posted into a mailing list? Or even write your own mailing list handler in the new phpbb, rather than depending on phpbb providing a ready-made mailing list handler?

Well, no matter how wrong I might be, I hope the forum gets better for you guys (and me).

Cheers,
Jake