[Wine] Re: Visual C++ installation Help?

Jkirk3279 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 23 22:42:39 CDT 2011

Hello !

I installed Wine on OSX.

Then wget because it doesn't come with OSX.

And winetricks, although it didn't install correctly/

"Jkirk279$ sh winetricks
wine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned unexpanded string '%ProgramFiles%' ... can be caused a corrupt wineprefix, an old wine, or by not owning /Users/Jkirk279/.wine"

I then used the instructions on http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=9569

The process went okay and downloaded all ten .cab segments.

I downloaded the .bat file and the Extract.exe file.

And I entered "wine start.exe PSDK-FULL.bat "C:\psdktemp"

But I got this message:

"Jkirk279$ wine start.exe PSDK-FULL.bat "C:\psdktemp"
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
Application could not be started, or no application associated with the specified file.
ShellExecuteEx failed: Environment variable not found"

Can somebody translate ?    The .bat file should have triggered Extract.exe, combined the ten segments into one and run the installer, correct ?

Thanks...