[Wine] Re: Bash Script Shorcuts for Steam Games

Entanglement wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 24 01:21:41 CDT 2011

> SpawnHappyJake:
>
> Are you in Linux? If so, then you can make launchers, which have pretty icons. Why use a script if you can have a launcher?

Yes, I'm using Slackware 13.37 64-bit with 32-bit compatibility libraries. I know I can make Launchers (my Desktop allows them) but I just personally don't like them which is why I chose to make a script.

Although I did ask how to make a bash script, I already have made some for a few other programs in Wine, so I do know the basics.

However, I don't know complex bash scripting, which is what I was trying to go for.

You see, one of my steam apps uses hl2.exe, but unfortunately that isn't very compatible with AMD/ATI graphics cards, so I want to run gnu debugger to find the pid of hl2.exe at the time, which is done as so:

Code:
ps -ef | grep hl2.exe

But I want to change some parts of hl2.exe by this:

Code:
gdb --pid ####

And then insert my commands like 'handle PART nostop noprint' blah de blah, but I don't know how to go that far with bash scripts. That is what I was primarily asking for.