[Wine] Re: Failed to Register craxdrt.dll on Ubuntu 10.04 WINE
wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 24 01:23:22 CDT 2011
What would happen if you did this:
1. Found craxdrt.dll, selected it, did Ctrl+C (or right-click, copy)
2. Opened Nautilus (the file browser). You can do this by hitting "Alt+F2" and typing "Nautilus".
3. In Nautilus, went to your home folder, and hit Ctrl+H to show hidden stuff.
4. Went to the .wine folder, or whatever prefix folder you are having it use.
5. Went in that folder, drive_c, windows, system32, and pasted craxdrt.dll in there with the other dlls (by right-clicking space, and saying "Paste" or by clicking in space and doing "Ctrl+V")
6. Hit Ctrl+Alt+T to open terminal, and entered this:
wine regsvr32 craxdrt.dll
Of course, if you are using something other than the default prefix, which, by default, is $HOME/.wine ($HOME being your home folder. Your system actually recognizes "$HOME", it's not just some thing that people write in forums), you will need to prepend stuff like so:
WINEPREFIX=$HOME/crystal wine regsvr32 craxdrt.dll
That would be if you made a folder in your home folder called "crystal" and told WINE to use that instead of the default ".wine".
And yes, you can change the folder that is used as the default if you compile WINE from source, so $HOME/.wine is actually the default default.
That's enough exceptions to the rule for now.
See how it goes.
More information about the wine-users