[Wine] Bash Script Shorcuts for Steam Games

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Sep 25 04:51:40 CDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-09-24 at 18:36 -0500, SpawnHappyJake wrote:
> Darn. Even if I do this from a terminal while Portal is in an emulated desktop:
>

> Code:
>
> echo 0 | sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope
> hl2Pid=`pgrep hl2.exe`
> gdb --pid $hl2Pid &> /home/shjake/Desktop/hl2dbg.log

Have either of you tried here documents? Here's a tested example:

================start of testscript================
#!/bin/bash
echo "Starting cat read lines from a here document ended by EOF"
cat <<EOF
line 1
line 2
EOF
echo "End of example here document"

Substitute gdb for cat and gdb commands for 'line 1' and 'line 2'. This
should work a lot better than echo because you can put as many lines as
you want in the here document. You can also use shell variables for text
substitution in it - see the bash manpage f0or details.

Martin