[Wine] Re: Hard Reset Demo doesn't render textures

Mateusz Stachowski wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 25 11:53:44 CDT 2011

After some more investigations it seems that it is not sound that's causing the hang ups. I've run this app on multiple versions of wine and there is always this error message in the output of terminal:

Code:
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x686d8bd8 "wined3d_main.c: wined3d_cs" wait timed out in thread 0021, blocked by 0020, retrying (60 sec)

I have looked upon commits submitted to the wined3d.dll and found that:

http://repo.or.cz/w/wine.git/commit/f9c791f9ca6ecbf14cda12c1c946a48a53ba04f7

It's commit by Henri Verbeet from August of 2009, so it's very old. I tried to revert it but it's not possible with:

Code:
git revert -n f9c791f9ca6ecbf14cda12c1c946a48a53ba04f7

and with:

Code:
git checkout f9c791f9ca6ecbf14cda12c1c946a48a53ba04f7 && git reset --hard HEAD^

I ended up with wine reverted to verion 1.1.38.

I have also run regression test on the dlls/wined3d and in one of them I got result pointing to commit that aded the "AlwaysOffScreen"="enabled" functionality.

http://repo.or.cz/w/wine.git/commit/620c81dc767004d3e7b84e6377facd5d451ed790

Maybe the combination of those two results in lock up of the Hard Reset Demo. Although it seems that for now I'm the only one having that problem.