[Wine] Fwd: Re: GnuTLS internal error in wine test case

Toralf Förster toralf.foerster at gmx.de
Mon Sep 26 06:00:15 CDT 2011

Hello,

the following test case failed at my gen6too Linux using GnuTLS 3.0.3 :

tfoerste at n22 ~/devel/wine-git/dlls/secur32/tests $ make test
../../../tools/runtest -q -P wine -M secur32.dll -T ../../.. -p
secur32_test.exe.so schannel.c && touch schannel.ok
GnuTLS error: An unexpected TLS packet was received.
GnuTLS error: A TLS fatal alert has been received.
schannel.c:748: Test failed: DecryptMessage failed: 80090304
make: *** [schannel.ok] Error 1

and this I got from the GnuTLS developer when I sent him the sniffed network
stream :

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote at 11:43:19
> 2011/9/26 Toralf Förster <toralf.foerster at gmx.de>:
> >> Does it do a localhost connection? If yes, then if I'm provided the
> >> capture (in a format wireshark can read), I could provide some hints to
> >> someone who knows what the code does, of what could be possibly wrong.
> >
> > It connects an internet server but nevertheless I attached the sniffed
> > stream (with wireshark)
>
> Interesting. The handshake is completed successfully but the data
> exchanged are not encrypted! I see in the capture that the TLS
> application data packet contains the TLS headers and plaintext data
> (an HTTP get request).  That's why the peer responds with an alert. He
> would expect encrypted data instead.
> It might be something in pEncryptMessage() or in its usage but I'm not
> familiar with the API to provide more info.
>
> regards,
> Nikos

Is this a known issue ?

Please Cc: me b/c I'm currently not subscribed.

--
MfG/Sincerely
Toralf Förster