[Wine] Bash Script Shorcuts for Steam Games

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Sep 26 14:53:47 CDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 14:19 -0500, Entanglement wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply, I'm very busy with exams coming up (mid-terms).
>
> Okay, so yes I do plan on using GNU Debugger, and just to help you out too, the command "c" under GNU Debugger will continue Portal.
>
> Anyways, here's what I am trying to execute:
>

> Code:
> ps -ef | grep hl2.exe

Firstly, you need to trim this to just the pid and capture the result as
a shell variable:

<code>
pnum=$(ps -ef | gawk '$8 == /ntpd/ { print $2 }')
</code>

and then you can pass it to gdb, which should read its commands from a
here document:

<code>
gdb --pid $pnum <<EOF
handle SIGSTOP nostop noprint
handle SIGSEGV nostop noprint
handle SIGUSR1 nostop
EOF
</code>

I've tested the first code fragment but not the second.

Martin