[Wine] Re: Bash Script Shorcuts for Steam Games

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 26 20:35:38 CDT 2011

Why not just
Code:

hl2Pid=`pgrep hl2.exe`
gdb --pid $hl2Pid [insert other stuff here. Hehe. "here"]

To pass the PID on?

Also, I thought that the point of attaching a process to a debugger is to get a constant spewing of debuggery as the process runs, especially during extended user interaction. Here it looks like gdb pauses a process, dumps some stuff, and then you can resume the process, ending the debugger. So you only get snapshots instead of a live feed.

Please tell me that there is a way to have such a live feed. Append "-c" with the other parameters?

Also, how do you stop the debugger in terminal, if that's what terminal is currently running? Usually Ctrl+c ends a command/ program in terminal, and man pages are different in that they are ended in "q" rather than Ctrl+c, but I tried both of those, and they don't kill the debugger. I have to close terminal and open another one.

Jake