[Wine] Re: Wine & HD3D S3D Stereo 3D, Stereoscopic 3D ?

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 26 21:06:31 CDT 2011

WINE wraps all graphics calls into OpenGL. So if WINE were to support the running of stereoscopic 3D games, OpenGL would need to support stereoscopic 3D. Turns out that it can:
http://www.gali-3d.com/archive/articles/StereoOpenGL/StereoscopicOpenGLTutorial.php

I don't know if this is a part of standard OpenGL, or is an "addon". Also, I don't know if WINE's graphics wrapper includes the ability to wrap to stereo 3D OpenGL calls. Would a library need to be installed into the operating system other than the plain OpenGL one?

And we all know what would happen if this was attempted on an ATI graphics card in Linux.

Jake