[Wine] Platinum Blu-Ray Defeat the World

marybrown123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 27 03:13:12 CDT 2011

I ordered the Limited Edition Diamond Collector's Set,because I'm a big Disney dvd  (http://www.seriesonsale.com/DVDs/Walt-Disney-s-100-Years-Of-Magic-164-Discs-DVD-Box-Set-24.html)fan. I was blown away by how nice the set really is. The box is lined in velvet with gold embossments. The lithographs are of pencil animation, so you get to see all of the animator's original pencil lines. The pin set is adorable. And the book is the real centerpiece of this box set. It gives details about the production, as well as provides information about the legacy the film has had. It is full of rare pictures. The book also features the story of Snow White, told through concept art and stills from the film. The book is absolutely gorgeous.
As for the Blu-Ray itself, the film hasn't looked this good since its original release in 1937. Disney  restoration team deserves a pat on the back for a job well done. The transfer on Blu-Ray is immaculate. It's so clean that you can see some of the animation flaws if you look closely. In terms of bonus features, Disney has done a thorough job. If you do everything in the immersive Hyperion Studios feature, it takes more than 4 hours to get through. Add that to the recycled bonus features from the Platinum Edition DVD and you have almost more than you could ask for. The bonus DVD copy of the film is a nice touch, since we have 1 Blu-Ray player, but 4 DVD players, so now we can enjoy Disney dvd box set (http://www.seriesonsale.com/DVDs/Walt-Disney-s-100-Years-Of-Magic-164-Discs-DVD-Box-Set-24.html)classic on any of our TVs.
If you are a more casual fan, this collector's set probably isn't for you. But if you are a huge fan of the film or Disney in general, this set is a must-have. It's worth the price.