[Wine] Re: Wine on non-Unix platforms

danoon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 27 23:17:56 CDT 2011

As far as getting jDosbox to run a windows game without Windows I think the best bet will be to use ReactOS or Linux with WINE.  I would bet it could be done with an image less than 100MB.

I have gotten jdosbox to boot a linux 2.4 kernel, but of course without ISA or PCI IDE hard drive support it doesn't get very far.  Now that PCI is in Dosbox trunk hopefully it would be just a matter of time before someone comes up with a patch for PCI IDE.  At that point I don't think it would be too hard to get linux fully up and running.