[Wine] Re: Office 2010 Install Error

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 27 23:30:29 CDT 2011

pkroetsch wrote:
> I tried office 2007 and i didn't even get as far as with 2010.
>
> I just got:
>
> Setup did not complete successfully. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Was this to the same wineprefix you tried to install Office 2010 to? You need to use a clean wineprefix. Delete ~/.wine and start over, following the instructions in the AppDB. http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=4992

Also, you didn't say what Wine version you're using; if it's not the latest development release, upgrade.