[Wine] Re: Wine on Tiger

mrivera wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 28 21:55:27 CDT 2011

Ah you guys probly hate me! As you know I'm not really sure what I'm doing here. Here's how far I got, I wasn't able to locate anything that would actually open Arena. Please help!

Last login: Wed Sep 28 19:41:29 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
michael-riveras-computer:~ michaelrivera$ cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/
michael-riveras-computer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files michaelrivera$ ls
Common Files            Microsoft Office        Uninstall Information
Internet Explorer       Rockwell Software
michael-riveras-computer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files michaelrivera$ cd "Rockwell Software"
michael-riveras-computer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Rockwell Software michaelrivera$ cd "rockwell software" ls
-bash: cd: rockwell software: No such file or directory
michael-riveras-computer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Rockwell Software michaelrivera$ cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/
michael-riveras-computer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files michaelrivera$ ls
Common Files            Microsoft Office        Uninstall Information
Internet Explorer       Rockwell Software
michael-riveras-computer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files michaelrivera$ cd "rockwell software"
michael-riveras-computer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/rockwell software michaelrivera$ cd "rockwell software" ls
-bash: cd: rockwell software: No such file or directory
michael-riveras-computer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/rockwell software michaelrivera$ cd "rockwell software"
-bash: cd: rockwell software: No such file or directory
michael-riveras-computer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/rockwell software michaelrivera$ /Users/michaelrivera/Desktop/ARENA10Softwarepack/autorun.exe
-bash: /Users/michaelrivera/Desktop/ARENA10Softwarepack/autorun.exe: cannot execute binary file
michael-riveras-computer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/rockwell software michaelrivera$ wine cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/

^[[err:module:attach_process_dlls "shell32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe" failed, status c0000005
^R

wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\cd.exe"
michael-riveras-computer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/rockwell software michaelrivera$
michael-riveras-computer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/rockwell software michaelrivera$ wine /Users/michaelrivera/Desktop/ARENA10Softwarepack/autorun.exe
fixme:wave:wodDsCreate DirectSound not implemented
fixme:wave:wodDsCreate The (slower) DirectSound HEL mode will be used instead.
fixme:wave:AudioUnit_SetVolume independent left/right volume not implemented (1.000000, 1.000000)
fixme:wave:wodDsCreate DirectSound not implemented
fixme:wave:wodDsCreate The (slower) DirectSound HEL mode will be used instead.
michael-riveras-computer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/rockwell software michaelrivera$ wine /Users/michaelrivera/Desktop/ARENA10Softwarepack/instmsia.exe
michael-riveras-computer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/rockwell software michaelrivera$ wine /Users/michaelrivera/Desktop/ARENA10Softwarepack/WIShell.exe
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"MaintenanceWelcome" returned 1602
michael-riveras-computer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/rockwell software michaelrivera$

Thanks again! If there's anything I can do in return let me know!