[Wine] Can't play under Arch and Wine

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Thu Sep 29 10:27:13 CDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 09:51 -0500, Dark.Ginger wrote:

> the second game is Wizard 101 (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=19839) a free MMO. I have tried to use the french version Direct DL here (http://dlcl.gfsrv.net/wizard101/clients/fr/Downloader_Wizard101_fr.exe) and the english one.
> Installation OK, launching and patching ok but when I clic on play after login wine crash.

Looks you're current working directory isn't where the program is
expecting to be. Try:

cd .wine/path/to/directory/containing/program.exe
wine program.exe

FYI a fundamental difference between Linux and Windoze is that Linux
programs expect to be run from where the data files are, hence commands
like "gcc mysrce.c" are expected to work, while Windoze programs expect
to be run from the directory they are installed into.

Martin