[Wine] Can't play under Arch and Wine

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Thu Sep 29 14:46:39 CDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 11:34 -0500, Dark.Ginger wrote:

> Thanks for you answer but unfortunatly I have already tried this way.
>
> Here's my outpout.
>
> Code:
> $ cd .wine/drive_c/users/Public/Application\ Data/Wizard101\(FR\)
>
> $ ls
> AppStart.dat  Bin  Data  Lang.txt  LocalPackagesList.txt
> NoLangChange.txt  PatchClient  PatchInfo  unins000.dat  unins000.exe
> uninstall.ico  Wizard101.exe  Wizard101.ico
>
> $ wine Wizard101.exe

It seems to have gotten further this time: this is not the same crash as
the last one you showed us, since this time it was able to find the
files it was looking for last time, "./csrconfig.xml", "./localuser.xml"
and "./preferences.xml" because it didn't complain about being unable to
open them.

It looks to me like the crash was in some installer or patching tool
that Wizard101 started. When did you list the directory? Before or after
this last run? My quess is 'after' and that the installer/patcher
deleted the XML files because they have been successfully applied.

As I don't know your program and am unfamiliar with the detailed innards
of Windows apps, I'll bow out at this point.

Martin