[Wine] Re: Wine and WoW Cataclysm Patch 4.0 troubleshooting thread

JontomXire wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 30 02:30:21 CDT 2011

How do you mean which version? AFAIK WoW refuses to run unless it is updated to the latest version. So...the latest version.

It was a while ago, but I'm sure that the graphics were better - much better - last time I ran WoW under Linux. Yet if I increase a few things from low to fair (all I am allowed to do know) everything slows down quite a bit. This is despite a better processor and memory.

I read somewhere that having Wine output debug slows it down. There was an environment variable or something you could enable to turn it off, but a build without any debug at all would be even better.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Or anything else I can do to speed Wine up when playing WoW?