[Wine] Winebottler /c: Directory

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 09:37:22 CDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 5:08 PM, doh123 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> A lot of people get confused about this... WineBottler comes with a separate app called Wine.app and people
> think WineBottler.app is not supported and assume Wine.app is normal Wine which is... but it is not.  Wine.app
> that comes with WineBottler is part of WineBottler.

And the latest version of that product is Wine.app 1.1.44.  That makes
it ancient by Wine standards.  Unfortunately, and I mean that, I have
not been able to contact Mike for about two years.  I don't know what
happened and I don't want to spectulate either.

At this time, I recommend using MacPorts or Fink to install Wine for
the 'lay person'. Ryan Woodsmall (sorry if I got this wrong) also has
an 'all in one' script that builds and installs Wine and all
dependencies.  However, some folks don't like running scripts on their
systems.

James