[Wine] Re: Can't install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

spoon0042 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 6 17:03:14 CDT 2012

lml99 wrote:
> I tried reinstalling the application after that, and the task was completed, although this error message: "Note: command '7z x /home/louis/.cache/winetricks/vc2005express/VC.iso' returned status 127. Aborting." appeared. I tried a game that required visual c++ runtime 2005, and it didn't work, so I suspect it still hasn't properly installed yet. What does this error message mean? What should I do? Thanks for any help you can give.

Error 127 means you don't have 7zip installed, but it looks like you're trying to install Visual Studio for some reason. You want 'winetricks vcrun2005' for the redistributable instead of whatever you were trying.

Anyway be sure to look up whatever app you're trying to run in http://appdb.winehq.org/ if you're still having problems.