[Wine] Can't install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 14:43:46 CDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM, lml99 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> dimesio wrote:
>>
>> lml99 wrote:
>> > Sorry, but do you know if you can install runtime through winetricks?
>> >

>> Sure. The command is
>>
>> Code:
>> winetricks vcrun2005
>>

> Thanks. In the terminal, it said vcrun2005 was already installed, so I guess it must have happened somewhere along the way and I missed
> it. However, I realized that the reason my game wasn't working was because I didn't have Directx installed (probably another noob mistake on
> my part), so I might start another thread on that soon. I'm having issues with that too. Could you guys help me with that too? Thanks.

I would highly suggest starting a new thread after searching the
forums AND reading the Applications Database.  Most of DirectX 9 has
been implemented into Wine and installing Directx9 'over top' might
cause breakage.  If there is no Applications Database entry for the
program you are trying to run, capture a logging file and then post it
to a site like pastebin.com.  http://wiki.winehq.org/#get_log is a
good place for information on how to capture logging files.

James