[Wine] Getting Windows Movie Maker 6.0 To Run

Gerald Montgomery wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 10 13:46:58 CDT 2012

I have Ubuntu 11.10 as my OS and Wine 1.5 with all updates. I have installed Windows Movie Maker 6.0. Wine will open the installer with no problem, open the uninstaller with no problem but the exe to open the program doesn't open anything. The HD light blinks like its working but goes no further than that.

Has anyone encountered this and what might the fix be? I've watched videos on installing windows aps and using them with Wine and I've done all these things in the tutorials still to no avail.

I would really like to get this to work as I prefer WMM to any of the programs I've seen under Linux.

Thanks for your help.

Gerald Montgomery