[Wine] Re: Problem Running DVDFab

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 13 08:11:48 CDT 2012

mm1_real wrote:
> I'm trying to run DVDFab 8.1.7.6 (latest version according to the website) on Ubuntu 11.10 and it seems to install fine but when I try to open it, either through clicking the exe or through the console, nothing happens. The Wine db says DVDFab is platinum so I'm a bit confused.

The platinum rating is for 8.1.6.8, so it's possible something has changed in the version you're using. You also didn't say what Wine version you're using; the AppDB platinum test report is for 1.4. If the version you're using is older, uprade; if it's newer, downgrade, and if downgrading fixes it, run a regression test and file a bug.

> Printout from trying to run in console:
>
> Code:
> josh at josh-laptop:~$ wine start 'C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8 Qt\DVDFab.exe'

Navigate (cd) to the program directory first.

Code:
cd '.wine/drive_c/Program Files/DVDFab 8/Qt'
wine DVDFab.exe