[Wine] Canon Pixma MP250 Printer

wolverine79936 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 16 12:22:38 CDT 2012

I have a Canon Pixma MP250 Printer. Tried the Linux drivers and still can't get an ink reading on it. I have tried every single program I can find, from InkBlot to the Canon software that comes with the Linux drivers and none of them will read this silly printer.

I didn't have a problem with it under Windows, but am having serious issues with the "genuine" stuff in it so was forced to switch to Linux.

I tried running the printer software under Wine but now it refuses to recognize the printer at all. Any suggestions? I have read up on making symbolic links to my lp0 port and modifying the config files for Wine, but nothing is working. :(