[Wine] Aion f2p - freezes on certain objects

Kodama wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 17 09:44:15 CDT 2012

I just installed Gameforges's free 2 play version of Aion with:

Code:
winetricks d3dx9 vcrun2005sp1 vcrun2008 dotnet20 dotnet30 gdiplus

the launcher doesn't work for me but that's alright, I simply run it with:

Code:
wine .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Gameforge/AION\ Free-To-Play/bin32/aion.bin -ip:79.110.83.80 -port:2106 -lang:enu -cc:2 -noauthgg -noweb

with the default engine ("high quality" gives me fog that covers everything in the lower half of the screen) and glsl disabled (otherwis fog/vapor/steam effects are solid white) the game runs very smoothely.

but now I have two quests where I have to activate a certain object. (in one case it's a giant bucket and in the other it's a gate I have to destroy). As soon as I move the mouse pointer over that object the sound stops and the game freezes. I can't give you guys any error message because I have to close it all to get back to the desktop.

The game itself was fun and I was so happy that it ran very smoothely. So I'd really appreciate it if you guys could help me so I can continue playing Aion.