[Wine] Re: Very Strange and Probably Obscure Problem

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 19 07:13:14 CDT 2012

eliwap wrote:
> Oh.... I was thinking. Could a problem like this arise from a corrupted journal.

If smartctl says your hard drive is failing, it's failing. Modern hard drives have a reserved area to remap bad sectors to, and they do it automatically,  without telling the user. When you reach the point that tools like smartctl report uncorrectable sectors, that means that the drive has already used up all the reserved space. You have a lot more bad sectors on that drive than the two smartctl is reporting.