[Wine] Re: Aion f2p - freezes on certain objects

Kodama wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 20 01:59:21 CDT 2012

ruinairas wrote:
> I too play aion and I find it best just to simply disable the fog within the game, disabling GLSL causes a lot of instability within wine.

thanks for the advice. I'll try that. This freezing bug when trying to activate objects hasn't happenend ever since even though there were quests where I had to do just that.

I can't find an option where I can explicitly disable fog in the graphics menu. With GLSL enabled the steam from fireplaces, magic effects, sandstorms, fog and vapor effects, etc...it's all solid white and everything is covered and makes the game unplayable for me. (but I'm on an AMD HD 6950 so no wonder)

and I'm on wine 1.5.2. but can't give you an error log because when I try to close the frozen window it closes the underlying console window first. (might be due to my tiling-wm).