[Wine] Re: FTDI Drivers

VPa wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 20 14:01:25 CDT 2012

Well, FTDI does provide drivers for Linux. Applications that contact devices use either of these two modes:

1) Virtual COM Port. In this mode the device becomes a COM port and is supposed to be accessed from application level like one of those ports.

2) Via D2XX. In that scheme application loads a library/module that takes care of interfacing with the USB Device Driver.

I suppose that case (1) could reasonably work in WINE but case (2) probably not... correct me if that's not the case.

The URLs for downloading FTDI drivers are http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm and http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm .

Can you find out which access mode your receiver software is using?

Vesa