[Wine] Re: how do you stop an instance (prefix)?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 24 07:57:05 CDT 2012

mrmedia wrote:

> i.e conserve resources by stopping the OS instance.
> I guess it does not use much until you run an app in that instance after a boot up - but the dotnet stuff is an added risk

Wine is not an OS, and it doesn't use anything until you run it. There's nothing to stop until you've started something, and simply closing all running apps in a wineprefix should shut down all wine processes from that prefix. But there is the possibility of processes being left running, especially if the app crashed or you had to kill it; for that, check running processes and kill any that shouldn't be. And file a bug if you find an app where processes are left running when you exit the program normally and the app doesn't do that on Windows.