[Wine] Custom application woes

joebrandt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 24 11:53:01 CDT 2012

I have been trying for 3 days to get a custom application working under wine.  It works with some effort under Ubuntu so I know that it will work.  I am running OpenSuse 11.4 and just added a NVidia video card to try to make this work (onboard Intel video GM45?).

I have managed to break wine good enough that I get errors running winecfg, but it does run.

err:menubuilder:convert_to_native_icon error 0x88982F81 initializing encoder

get the same error running application but it does not run.

Have the latest NVidia driver (295.40) compiled in and said yes to OpenGL 32 bit but wine (1.5.2) does not see them and refuses to compile in.

BTW I went to this extreme because the versions in the repositories did not work either.

Any help would be appreciated.