[Wine] Very Strange and Probably Obscure Problem

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Apr 24 13:05:56 CDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 12:30 -0500, eliwap wrote:
> Thanks Martin for all your great advise. I ran smartctl -xall /dev/sdb. It came back with a whole lot of info that I can't make heads or tails of. It said that there were some kind of errors.
>
> I was wondering if I can post them here and you could take a look at the output?

That's OK by me, and I hope the rest of the list is also happy.

IMO everybody should run smartd as a matter of course to get warning
when a disk is going sour. If you havent already done this, set your
mail alias so the local MTA (usually sendmail) will redirects all mail
sent to root to your usual login - the one where you pick up your
e-mail. By doing this you'll see the smartd short status reports, which
should be part of the daily logwatch report. I also configure smartd to
produce a more detailed report, like the one you requested via smartctl,
on a weekly basis.

As the full report is quite long, put it in pastebin and post the URL
here. I make no guarantees about spotting the problem, though.

Martin