[Wine] Re: Problem installing Stata - "no windows program configur

PoliEcon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 25 15:30:06 CDT 2012

jjmckenzie wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 9:23 AM, PoliEcon <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm using Linux Mint 12 and wine-1.3.28.
> >

> Upgrade to Wine 1.5.2.
>
> When do you receive the program association error message?
>
> James

Thanks for your response. I upgraded to 1.5.2.

Here's a step-by-step outline of what I'm doing.

1) I download "Stata12.exe" from the university IT website.
2) I right-click the icon and click "Open With Wine Windows Program Loader"
3) A window pops up that is titled "Installing Stata 12"
4) After a short period, a window pops up that says "There is no Windows program configured to open this type of file."